Thursday, March 26, 2009

"Good Morning Baltimore..."

This week has been pretty crazy! Mom and Jordan have been working very hard with AJ and I on our CYT Auditions songs. It's been fun, but hard!
I mentioned CYT earlier. Again, it stands for Christian Youth Theatre. Our whole family has seen many CYT plays, but hasn't ever participated. AJ and I are both taking classes, and trying out for the Spring Musical, The Wizard of Oz.
For audition songs, AJ is singing I Just Can't wait to be King from The Lion King, and I am singing Good Morning Baltimore (hint the name :) ) from Hairspray. Jordan and Mom have been helping us figure out the Choreography, and its been... fun! I've got to admit, I probably will never like Good Morning Baltimore ever again! Pray for us on Friday! We're auditioning from 4:00-5:00, sometime any in there :) Lets hope we do well!
The first class was Tuesday, which was great! AJ and I both had so much fun! We are both taking Drama 101, AJ is in the younger group and I'm in the older. It was kind of fun not being together, getting to tell each other all about our classes :) In my class, we started by getting to know each other with 3 different name games! My favorite was a game that we each had our own Dance. It got more fun towards the end, because you'd have to remember everybodys dances to make it their turn! Afterwards we worked on our auditions, and those who wanted to sing their audition songs in front of class could (I did). It was sooo fun and I can't wait until next week!
I'm so excited for the next 10 weeks to come! Wish I luck tomorrow! We will keep you all updated on who we get, our upcoming classes... etc!

Title Lyrics from Good Morning Baltimore from Hairspray

No comments: