Tuesday, April 27, 2010

“Blank Stares at Blank Pages..”

There’s something about a blank piece of paper.. It gives me the urge to fill it with small pretty handwriting. All I need is a subject and a writing utensil for my imagination to run wild onto the paper. I’ve always loved to write. I remember once, when I was not much older than Gregory. It was the annual Creative Arts festival for our church, and the theme was about using your talents. I dictated to Mom a very long story: It was about a princess, and her violin (I’ve always adored violins -isn't the name just so beautifully poetic?). Every day the splendid princess would go out and play her violin to all the people of the kingdom, giving her wonderful gift of music to all. As I’ve grown older, I still enjoy writing tremendously. With our exciting household, I have no trouble coming up with a topic, the possibilities are endless! The difficulty, however in my writing is organization. I have been taught the writing process many times, but I find myself wanting to just write as I’m still finishing the outline. The result is a very interesting story that is not extremely easy to read. I have found that learning to use these organizational skills while writing even just for fun will lead to much better writing.

Why then, you ask, if I love to write so very much do I not write here? Well trust me, I write. Lots. On an every day basis, in journals, letters and just for fun, I have written pages and pages of nonsense, just this week, but few of them are well thought out, organized and easily read, therefore I have not published any of them on this blog. I have now decided I will try to write orderly posts here as much as time will permit me to, hopefully a few times a week. Hopefully. don’t take my word for it...

(Title lyrics from Love Song by Sarah Bareilles)

No comments: